One of my favourite posts over on my old blog, this date night feature with Style Me Pretty Living ranks high for me! And with Aren in tow, the concept rings even more true! Since Aren has a fairly decent bedtime of 730pm, Ara and I really get a chance to connect and still have those ‘datenights’ at home. Our favourite thing to do? Open a bottle of good wine, have a yummy meal-oh and watch GoT!! Keep scrolling for the five things you need for an easy date night at home, along with some beautiful inspo from our feature, photographed by the immensely talented Lisa Renault! I just couldn’t let go of this post and I hope you love it as much as I do! And make sure to head over to Style Me Pretty Living for the full feature!
Easy Date Night Essentials: Five Things you Need
- A store bought appetizer: I find it easiest to only make one of your three components (app, main or dessert). A fresh baguette with some delicious cheese hits the spot especially with a nice bottle of wine!
- A low stress meal: Something that doesn’t require immediate attention or runs the risk of quickly burning. I love risotto for just that reason. It’s cooked slowly and with love- allowing you plenty of sips of wine in between!
- Bakery desserts: Once again, you can only make so much on your own without it turning tiresome. We have a great bakery nearby and they luckily make small cakes!
- A clean kitchen: Have you ever tried to have a relaxing night in, while your kitchen is a mess? Not going to happen over here for us! Taking ten minutes and tidying up beforehand goes a long way!
- Flowers: Ok so while not a mandatory requirement, even a few stems of a flower can totally add to your date night atmosphere. The goal is to for a moment forget you are home- to create a mood that rivals a cute new resto! Having a few blooms definitely helps with that 😉