The perfect summer app, these Mezze Nachos can be made with homemade ingredients or store bought, making them the perfect lazy afternoon meal!
The current hot weather means one thing and one thing only- I do not want to be standing over a stove making dinner, appetizers, dessert- anything!!
Quick and easy with minimal heat is the name of the game around here! Plus, I am definitely one of those people who (thankfully) eats less in the summer. I prefer to graze on some bites while having a cold glass of white. Nothing too heavy, nothing too filling!
Which is why we love these Mezze nachos at our house! Like love!
And I say we because Ara is definitely a fan! He generally likes most things I make but sometimes he is very vocal about liking something and this is one of those times!
They’re super easy to make, can be prepped ahead of time of course and require a few ingredients that you could just buy at the store instead of making them yourself. If that’s not a summer win I don’t know what is!
Making homemade pita chips is ridiculously easy- but if you really want to go the store-bought Stacey’s Pita Chips route that works too. I like to make mine the day before or even just the morning of. That way there’s no actual bake time when it comes time to assemble!
Read on for the scoop and bon appetite!
Summer Apps: Mezze Nachos
- 4 large pita breads
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup tzatziki
- 1/3 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 of a large cucumber, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup olives
- mint for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut pitas into wedges. Rub with olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden, flipping once.
- Remove from oven and let cool. In the meantime, chop up roasted peppers and crumble feta cheese.
- Place tzatziki in a small bowl in center of your dish. Place cooked pita chips all around. Toss red peppers, olives and crumbled feta all over. Garnish with mint and serve.