A favourite last minute dinner of ours, this pork ragu recipe is a breeze to make and perfect for those winter weeknights!
Ah Winter. Whether you love it or hate it- we can all agree on one thing. Comfort foods make the winter feel oh so much better. Something warm, satiating and full of flavour to munch on while it’s cold outside always sounds like a good idea to me! Like this super easy pork ragu recipe.
And by easy I mean, 30 minute easy. Maybe even less depending on how fast you like to cook! And minimal ingredients are always a must for me- because who wants to go grocery shopping to make dinner?!
I love ragu recipes because they’re a family favourite around here. Ara is always down for a bowl of pasta and so is the little guy. And me? Well, in case you haven’t noticed, I kind of live for pasta. Make sure to try out my fave peanut noodles and this yummy turkey ragu hack!
This Pork Ragu recipe is definitely one to try during the week. To be honest I kind of created it one night when I had ambitiously decided to make pork meatballs and just didn’t have the time. Not wanting to waste the pork, I got to cooking! I’ve tweaked it a few times since just to make sure it is good enough for you all to try!
And I’m pretty sure you will love it!
Read on for the recipe and bon appetite!
Easy Pork Ragu Recipe
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 carrots roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks roughly chopped
- 1 small onion roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp italian seasoning or herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can whole tomatoes 16-19 ounces approximately
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- basil or parsley to garnish
- 1 lb pasta of your choice
- Pulse carrots, celery and onion in food processor or mini chopper until finely chopped, resembling a paste. Heat oil in a large skillet. When warmed, add vegetable paste and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and continue to stir, an additonal 2 minutes.
- Add pork and oregano. Cook until pork is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 tbsp vinegar, water and can of chopped tomatoes. Break up tomatoes with back of a wooden spoon until well incorporated. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Check for salt and pepper one more time. Toss in pasta and garnish with herbs.