Hosting the little ones this holiday season? I’ve got you covered with some fun kid’s Christmas party ideas that will make them happy!
It’s inevitable that at some stage in your life, your friends start having children and the holiday parties start to change.
Not only do the parties change but more importantly the guest list changes!
If you’re like us, then you just go with the flow and adapt. Sure, kids shouldn’t come to every adult gathering, but it definitely does make life easier when you are able to offer your guests a chance to welcome their little ones into your home!
It’s important for me to offer the kiddos a good time! No child wants to come to an adult gathering where they’re forced to eat sit quietly in the corner. Not fun at all!
I thought I’d share my go to kid’s Christmas party ideas. I’ve glammed them up a bit because hey it is Christmas but you’ll get the general gist!
Read on for the scoop, and a huge thanks to my model Aren for not breaking everything 😉
5 Essentials for Hosting Kids
- Their own space: They should have an area where they know they are safe to play, speak a little loudly and if need be, get a little messy. A fun balloon garland totally gets the job done here and lets the kiddos know that this is their zone! Balloon Lounge made us the funnest Christmas inspired garland that is just perfect over my kids set up!
- Paper everything: This is my rule and perhaps not everyone will agree with it but it works for us! I always splurge for fun party plates, cups and napkins. The Meri Meri Line is my absolute favourite, and luckily for me, stores like HomeSense, HomeGoods and Winners all stock up with the line over the holidays. The kids love the fun cups and plates that are just for them. And the parents love the fact that they don’t have to worry about things breaking. Win Win!
- Something to do: Whether it’s a movie in the background, a craft area or just some boardgames, be prepared with some sort of an activity. If you don’t have any kids yourself, just ask a friend to have their child bring their favourite game. I love these fun holiday printables from Crayola! They come in all different patterns and are an easy distraction. To make mine holiday ready I just rolled them and wrapped them with some velvet ribbon.
- Their own dessert: Once again, this works for us. Having a fun kids inspired dessert is a sure fire way to bring a smile on their face. (This fun cake is from Sweet Savour by Felicia!)
- A good attitude: Simple enough right?! The best way to host kids is to relax and not stress so much about the little things. Things might fall to the floor, get a little sticky or a little loud. But that’s ok. Kids will be kids, even the best behaved ones!
There’s definitely a time and place for adult only gatherings! But in case the kiddos are headed over, scroll down for some fun ideas and inspo!