A quick and easy mushroom pasta that hits all the right notes- best of all? It can be made in under 30 minutes!
We all have that one pasta dish that is our go to. We make it time and time and again. It’s easy to make, tastes amazing and leaves you wanting more.
In our household, there’s three or four that fit this description. But the one I make the most? Well that’s gotta be this yummy Creamy Mushroom Pasta. It’s flavourful but oh so simple. Indulgent but with minimal ingredients ingredients. We eat it for casual dinners for two but I also love to make it for a dinner party crowd. It’s best served with any type of grilled or roasted beef!
I’m going to keep the chit chat to a minimum here and dive right into the recipe. Because that’s what you are here for, right?! Just one quick note- this is not for those starting a diet prior to summer. Sorry, this is not for you. It’s definitely indulgent but that’s why it’s so perfect. It’s the ultimate special dinner. The go to dish when you have guests. The easy meal when you have a date night in. I’m a firm believer in moderation which is why we always serve this, year round.
I hope you guys love it as much as we do- as always, let me know what you think!
Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Thyme
- 16 ounces Mushrooms of any variety divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter divided
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese divided
- 500 grams small shaped pasta
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil. When boiled add pasta and cook according to directions. Set aside. If you make this dish in one go, the pasta will be ready right when your sauce is!
- Clean and slice mushrooms. Slice half of mushroom vertically into thin slices. Finely chop the other half and set aside.
- Warm up a medium skillet with olive oil and 1 tbsp butter. Add in both sets of mushrooms. Cook down for 8-10 minutes. Add second tablespoon of butter and thyme. Cook for an additional 5 minutes until liquid is evaporated.
- Add cream and half of parmesan cheese. Let simmer over low heat for ten minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Add in cooked pasta. Stir until well coated. Top with remainder of cheese and stir one last time. Check for seasonings and serve!