Back at it with another 30 minute dinner option that is full of veggies and best of all totally customizable to what you have in the fridge! Read on for this easy Beef Stir-fry weeknight dinner!
Mom truth time. I thought that as Aren got older, making dinner would be easier. Um no! With a half walking 8 month old on my hands who tries to pull himself up on everything, getting dinner on the table has become even harder! Boy do I miss those days when he couldn’t roll over 🙂
Quick and easy recipes are really my only saving grace until this kiddo learns to walk and not fall everywhere!
Enter our favourite stir fry recipe. We usually load it up with whatever veggies we have lying around at home. Broccoli always seems to make the cut but carrots, peppers, baby corn and chopped up kale are also great options.
Add in a savoury sauce, some white rice and a sprinkle of Sesame seeds and you have yourself a super easy dinner that you’re bound to repeat! We eat this probably every other week… It’s that good and that easy.
Ps planning on keeping some for leftovers? I suggest steaming some broccoli and keeping it on the side. I find broccoli tends to majorly wilt and lose that yummy flavor when it sits in a saucy Tupperware all night long. Just toss it in to your dish when you warm it up and it will be as good as new.
EASY BEEF STIR FRY
- 1 pound flank steak
- 3 cups mixed veggies we used broccoli and peppers
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 inch piece ginger grated
- 1 tbsp agave syrup or brown sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- rice for serving
- Cut flank steak against the grain into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm up a medium sized skillet over medium heat and add tsp oil. Toss in steak when oil is warmed up and cook 2 minutes per side. Flank steak cooks very quickly so you want to keep an eye on it!
- Once cooked, remove from pan and set aside. Drain any liquid that has built up in pan. Add one more tsp oil and toss in veggies. Cook, covered for five minutes, stirring once.
- In the meantime prepare your sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together rice wine vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, agave, sesame seeds and water.
- Once veggies are cooked, add in steak and sauce. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until sauce starts to reduce and thicken. Turn off heat.
- Serve with rice and enjoy